Monday, October 18, 2010

The Weekend: BBQ, Rodeo & Hipstamatic

This weekend was one of those weekends you wish would never end...delicious food, good times with family, great weather and fun! This weekend we went to my husbands home town to visit his family and take in the local fair - it was perfect! First thing on Saturday morning we loaded up and headed to Lexington for a trip to eat the #1 BBQ in the state of Texas - oh my Lord, was it good! And it was exactly as I imagined it to be...a tiny building with seating inside and out, the pits all outside wafting delicious smelling smoke from the fires, and people smiling and just happy to be there. Snow's BBQ is open one day a week - Saturday and they are open from 8:30 til it's gone - and believe me when I tell you, it runs out quick. We got there at around 9:30 and they were already out of pork, and by 10:30 or so they were out of everything but brisket. They start the fire around 4pm on Friday and let it get good and hot and then throw the BBQ on around midnight and let it cook all night. People come from all over for the BBQ voted in 2008 as the Best in Texas. Here are a few shots from Saturday morning.


Ms. Tootsie - pit boss













Later that night we went to the fair and watched the rodeo. I choose not to bring my camera, but recently downloaded the Hipstamatic app on iPhone, so I wanted to try that out. OMG! I love it!!! It's so fun and you can download different lenses and packages - check out a few of the shots...



















Groovy, right?!?! We had such a great weekend and hope that you did as well!
Have a fabulous day~
raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment